The Complete Wild Game Cookbook
Includes 165 Recipes
This enticing and informative cookbook explains, from forest to table, how to make the most of wild game. Absorbing and engaging, it is not only full of information about game but also introduces you to several wild plants that pair especially well with the suggested dishes. In addition to 165 mouthwatering recipes, it features numerous nuggets of information, such as recipes for making broths, gravies, marinades and glazes.
From tips on preparing and cooking game to the different species available throughout North America, this is a valuable primer for anyone who already includes game in their diet or those home cooks who are just discovering wild game for the first time. Featuring:
- Tips on preparing and cooking game birds
- The different species of game birds
- Game bird recipes for: duck, woodcock, grouse, ptarmigan, guineafowl, partridge, rock dove, northern bobwhite, pheasant, quail, thrush, lark and lapwing
- Tips on preparing and cooking game animals
- The different species of game animals
- Game animal recipes for: caribou, deer, baby wild boar, muskox, black bear, beaver, hare, seal and squirrel
- Handy information on using the flesh and giblets of game, wine pairing suggestions, the various cuts of meat and general butchery terms.
This wide-ranging book will lead you to rediscover the taste of nature.
Price (USD): $39.95
Price (CAD): $39.95
Format: Trade Paperback
Number of Pages: 384
Published Date: 8/20/2015