The Complete Migraine Health, Diet Guide and Cookbook
Practical Solutions For Managing Migraine and Headache Pain Plus 150 Recipes
Despite the prevalence of migraine, tension and cluster headaches in the Western world, headaches still challenge the medical community. While there is no one cause or a specific cure, recent evidence-based research has shown that these headaches are associated with high levels of histamines in the body, and these can be managed effectively through diet and nutrition.
The Complete Migraine Health, Diet Guide and Cookbook presents this histamine hypothesis as a way for you to understand your headaches and leads you through steps intended to help prevent your headaches, avoid headaches altogether, or rescue you from your headaches when they occur. The Migraine Free Program will help you to:
- Identify the signs and symptoms for migraine, cluster, and tension headaches
- Discover the triggers that cause headaches
- Understand the medical tests for diagnosing headaches
- See the various treatments traditionally used by physicians and other health-care providers, including the use of prescription medications, physiotherapy and surgery
- Weigh the benefits and risks of alternative treatments, such as acupuncture, body-mind medicine and medicinal herbs
- Understand the role of nutrition and diet in the management of headaches
- Adopt a healthy meal plan that focuses on enjoying antihistamine headache foods and eliminating foods that increase the risk of headache
- Select from among 150 recipes as you develop 30-day meal plans.
The authors bring a unique collection of education, experience and skills together to guide and support you as you deal with migraine, cluster and tension headaches.
Price (USD): $24.95
Price (CAD): $24.95
Format: Trade Paperback
Number of Pages: 336
Published Date: 8/29/2013