Focaccia Pizza Supreme with Hot Honey Drizzle
A sneak peek from the forthcoming Best of Bridge Everyday Celebrations!
Pizza is a classic favorite to serve as a snack or a meal when the gang’s over for movie night or to watch the sports finals. Using a purchased focaccia for the crust means no making or rolling of dough and you can feed a hungry crowd easily.
This loaded pizza served with a drizzle of hot honey combines savory and sweet together it’s delicious!
Serves 8 – 10
1/4 cup (60 mL) liquid honey
2 tsp (10 mL) hot sauce
1 loaf focaccia bread (about 1.25 lb/600 g)
2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
1 cup (250 mL) marinara sauce
1/4 cup (60 mL) basil pesto
3 cups (750 mL) shredded fontina or mozzarella cheese
8 oz (250 g) thin-sliced pepperoni
1 ½ cups (375 mL) cooked and crumbled Italian sausage
1 cup (250 mL) fresh cocktail-size bocconcini, halved
1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
As seen in
- In a small bowl, combine honey and hot sauce; set aside.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position; preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Set aside a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Slice focaccia in half horizontally and brush cut sides of bread with olive oil; place cut side up on baking sheet and bake 4 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Evenly spread each focaccia half with marinara sauce and pesto, then sprinkle with fontina cheese. Top with pepperoni, sausage, bocconcini and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and broil pizza for 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.
- Serve pizza drizzled with hot honey.